- Most prints up to A4 and panoramic are hand-crafted in house – so I print them myself. For larger prints I use a local pro-photography lab. They do not drop-ship for me… every image they print for me is quality controlled by me before it is sent out.
- All prints are done on either Ilford Galerie Prestige Smooth Pearl 310gsm, Ilford Galerie Prestige Metallic Gloss 260gsm, Kodak Endura Lustre or Kodak Endura Metallic.
- Why? These papers are weighty, really have a great finish and the colours and textures really stand out. As far as the metallic papers go… if I said WOW!!!, that would be an understatement. These really make the images feel 3D. Ilford and Kodak have been making photo paper since the times of Ansel Adams.
- When I print, I print using Canon Chromalife 100 ink. The local pro-photo lab use great printers and ink too – the end product is the proof of the pudding.
- Why? Printing with the ChromaLife100 system and the pro-photo lab system, your printed photos will resist colour fading and you can enjoy long-lasting, beautiful photos displayed in a typical indoor environment.
- I frame using black frames as standard and off-white matting.
- Why? I believe this combination best frames my images. This is why I don't offer weird and wonderful-type frames. You are of course welcome to buy print-only or mounted prints and then have your local framer do the framing for you.
- I offer prints unframed and without mount.
- Why? Because some people will want to choose a different type of frame.
- Prints will resist fading for longer if not in direct sunlight.
- Why? Because that's what the sun does to things - my curtains need replacing because of it! :)
- Sizes on this site are approximate, based upon previous supplies of frames and mounts.
- A3 (42cm x 29.7cm) – means a visible print size of A3 minus the mounting fringe – approx. 7mm each side. A3 images are framed within a 52cm x 42cm frame with off-white mount between print and frame edge.
- A4 (29.7cm x 21cm) - means a visible print size of A4 minus the mounting fringe – approx. 7mm each side. A4 images are framed within a 42cm x 32cm frame with off-white mount between print and frame edge.
- 6x4 inch prints (15x10cm) - means a visible print size of 15x10cm minus the mounting fringe – approx. 7mm each side. These images are framed within a 20cm x 15cm frame with off-white mount between print and frame edge.
- Double-A4 panoramic/letterbox prints (59.4cm x 21cm) - means a visible print size of 59.4cm x 21cm minus the mounting fringe – approx. 7mm each side. These images are set within a frame circa 75cm x 35cm frame with off-white mount between print and frame edge.
- Images don't always fit the full page, border to border, exactly. Some minor cropping may occur but we try to keep this to a minimum.
- When we attach your print to the mount about 7mm along each edge of the print is hidden by the mount. We try to minimise this loss when we print the image.
If you have any other questions about the prints then please contact me using the details on the contact page.